Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hummie's Themed Thurday - Joy

My layout for Hummie's Themed Thursday. This week is joy. I choose to use a picture of some blue hyacinths from my garden last spring. They are one of my most favorites flowers. The color and the fragrance are so beautiful. They were also my grandma's favs. She was such a joy to be around and a sweetie. I miss her. I created the effect by playing with the lighting highlights and shadows. Eventually I'd like to add her photo too. I only have a few and they're tucked away in a box somewhere...
I'm going to attempt Moms and munchins today. Its a group at church for moms and kids. The kids get to play while the moms watch a video and fellowship. My two youngest are pretty clingy so not sure how well that's going to fly. Wish me luck!

Have a great day!
Rachel




3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey, did you use a filter on that? I love this! I have done similar pages too with each of my Grandma's favorite flowers....and these hyacinths are one of my favorite too because of the bright color and wonderful smell. Now, your children's children will have some heritage preserved in this layout. My one grandma loved lily of the valley and the other snapdragons. Funny how we have our favorites.

Unknown said...

beautiful.. love ur flowers.. great rememberance page for ur grandma.. lovely!!

The Fearless Freak said...

What pretty flowers. I like teh big picture and journaling.